Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update...

It's about time i hear you say....
while on the bus home from college late monday night...
Im sitting quietly reading a horror novel when after a lurching rain soaked old man, probably around his late 70's plants down firmly next to me. Im wrapped up with my book when turning pages he says clearly

Old Man "It can all change in a few days.. "
Me "Sorry mate, what was that?? "
Old Man "Whoever this girl is, the way yer lookin out the window lad. Seen it all before.
Y'love 'er. Im sure it will work out for yer lad. Don't worry about me i've ad a few bevvies"
Me "No worries mate, sound advice there."

The next paragraph i read on now thinking backwards again. Looking at faces through a mirror bathed in darkness. Some appear sillouhette like others vibrant many snapshots photographic intensity giving brief glimpses of past glories.
I leave the bus stepping into cold, crisp air. Pull up my collar while trudging through autumn leaves below my feet. I watch the leaves. I drift.
Back to when it was sorted, all ahead of me. Then it went so quickly my head span akin to a fighter plane descending to earth with its pilot struggling break clear of his doomed cockpit. The earth growing ever larger in his periphery until blackness envelops. The only brief sound is crashing, tearing metal before nothing.

Rain lightly dusts my beenie. 'God it's cold' i mutter loudly. There is no ear close to hear my words only buildings, roads, parked cars until my gaze falls upon a small black cat sheltering underneath a recently parked car. I know it's not been here long as heat issues from the bonnet as i labour past. Cigarette in hand i stoop below inches away from the heat seeking feline. It leans it head to the left regarding me with young innocent eyes, I rise, tears begin to swell with unbearable honesty with the heat seaking feline staring into my soul so innocently. I draw long expelling a foul tasting cloud into the night air. 'gotta give these up' muttering quietly to nothing.

The old man is right something can change quickly. Without knowing the circumstance of any given situation we can all hope beyond hope for that turning to come around. However this, for me at least, will not be the case. At the start it did change quickly my heart sang, sumersaulted, wheelied down the road coming back refreshed again.

I still hope after this old mans slightly drunken sentiment. Only a few people out there this would make any sense too. But hey had to get it out.

The old man was spot on the book just distracted me from staring out into the rainsoaked liverpool night.

See you all soon.

2 comments:

Jaxson Romeo said...

Wow man, that's deep stuff! It felt as if I was reading a novel. Maybe you should start writing one (if you're not already) :)

MadManDan said...

Cheers appreciate the kind words. Yes i am writing at the moment. Not sure whether what comes out would be worth reading though ;)